The past two weeks, our maths topic has been 'measures' therefore we have been measuring length, height, volume and capacity and will soon be measuring weight and time.
We have been measuring the length of items in cubes and with a ruler and measuring the volume of a variety of containers in 'pots'. We are quite good at measuring accurately although our estimations were extremely high!
We then had to compare our measurements using language such as taller, shorter, longer, full, empty, half full.
Children can you remember;
- the longest item you measured?
- the shortest item you measured?
- the tallest item you measured?
- the container which held the most amount of water?
- the container which held the least amount of water?